day, Patch provides the nuts and bolts of local happenings with our five-bullet
1) Events: Free Concert at The JCC at 450 West Nyack Road in West Nyack at 2:30 p.m. Entertainer Avrum Pengas was born in Greece. His quicksilver fingers led him from playing lead guitar in the Israeli Air Force Band to performing at many of New York's finest venues. A skilled musical arranger, lead guitarist and self-taught virtuoso on the bouzouki, a stringed Greek instrument, Pengas creates music that is rooted in the Mediterranean and the Middle East and draws upon Eastern and Western musical elements. Refreshments will be served. This program is sponsored by Friedwald Center and open to the public. Register at 845-362-4400 x100
2) Events: The Rockland Business Association is
holding a regional business expo from noon to 5 p.m. Tuesday in the Marriott
Park Ridge Hotel at 300 Brae Blvd. in Park Ridge, NJ. The event offers
opportunities for networking, door prizes, demonstrations and new vendors.
There will be sections dedicated to new technology, green industries,
hospitality industry and Homes for Heroes will have a table. Read more here.
3) Weather: It'll be mostly sunny today with a projected high temperature of 69 degrees, turning colder tonight.
4) News: Among the most read articles this weekend was this sad story about a traffic fatality. Read it here.
5) The national organization Friends of Karen has begun blogging on Patch. Check out the blog here.