Each day, Patch provides the nuts and bolts of local
happenings with our five-bullet local dispatch.
1) Events: The Steps to Freedom Meditation group is for anyone who wants to follow a creative, open-minded path to freedom. It is mainly Buddhist inspired, but with a distinctly open and creative approach. The group meets Thursday, Jan. 9 at 821C Chestnut Ridge Road in Spring Valley at 7 p.m. For more information, go to www.stepstofreedom.org. RSVP and email email@example.com for directions and parking instructions.
2) Events: The Clarkstown Board of Education meets at 8 p.m. at 62 Old Middletown Road in New City.
3) Weather: There’s slight improvement in Wednesday’s weather forecast of mostly sunny skies with a high near 21. Wind chill values will be as low as -10 with a west wind of 9 miles per hour.
4) News: A police investigation of a sex
abuse incident at the Palisades Center was Tuesday’s most widely read post.
5) Blogs: This blog is popular with Rocklanders who wanted to see the snowy photos.