More than 60 people participated in a bowing party Sunday to support the 's annual scholarship program.
The event at as became a surprise birthday party for one of the chamber's members, Roxanne Perrone of . Happy Birthday, Roxanne!
The scholarship program is set to award three $2,000 scholarships, to seniors from Clarkstown North, Clarkstown South and Albertus Magnus high schools.
Application Deadline: May 7th, 2012
Criteria for Eligibility: Applicants must currently be a high school senior attending a Clarkstown High School.
- Applicants must have a minimum of two years of community involvement over the past four years with at least 40 hours over the past two years.
- Applicants are not required to submit a current school transcript.
Application Procedures and Requirements:
- Applicants must submit a completed application form to the above address or to your school’s Guidance Office. All application forms may be downloaded at:
www.newcitychamber.com or at the Guidance Office.
- Applicant must submit three letters of recommendation in support of their community involvement. Letters from family members will not be accepted.
- Applicants must submit a short essay on their past community involvement. They should include their reasons for volunteering and describe how their community involvement benefited the community.
For more information on the scholarship program, check out the chamber's .