If you're planning on staying in Rockland this New Year's Eve, there's no shortage of ways to celebrate the start of 2012. Check out of list below for options, and decided if you'll spend midnight at a gala, in an arcade of reveling at the oldest tavern in New York State.
1. [Pearl River]
- Where/When: Emmett's Castle at Blue Hill, Saturday from 8 p.m. to 4 a.m.
- Why go: Live music, cash bar, free local rides to-and-from the castle
- Pricing: Free admission
2. [Valley Cottage]
- Where/When: Bounce, Friday from 9 p.m. to midnight
- Why go: Fete the New Year with some bouncing action
- Pricing: $20
- Where/When: Comfort Inn of Nanuet, Saturday from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- Why go: Enjoy dancing, dining, and open bar with a champagne toast at midnight
- Pricing: $109 plus tax
4. [West Nyack]
- Where/When: Dave and Buster's Palisades Mall, Saturday from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Why go: Bring the whole family to play games, eat and dance as the New Year rings in
- Pricing: Adults are $69, Adult with 4 Hour Bar Package is $99, Children are $40
- Where/When: Slattery's Banquet Room, Saturday from 9:30 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- Why go: Get ready to laugh with some of the areas funniest comedians, while enjoying a delicious four-course meal, champagne toast and giveaways
- Pricing: $80
6. New Year's Eve at Antoine McGuires [Haverstraw]
- Where/When: Antoine McGuire's Oyster and Ale House, Saturday at 5 p.m. or 9 p.m.
- Why go: Enjoy a great 4 course meal at 5 p.m. or a "speakeasy style" ball at 9 p.m.
- Pricing: $39 at 5 p.m. or $69 at 9 p.m.
7. Sizzling Latin New Year's Eve [Nyack]
- Where/When: West Gate Lounge at the Best Western in Nyack, Saturday at 8 p.m.
- Why go: Put your dancing shoes on and enjoy some tasty food
- Pricing: $95 includes dinner and carving station buffet, $45 after 10 p.m. includes dessert
8. New Year's Eve Dinner and Party at 76 House [Tappan]
- Where/When: 76 House, Saturday at 5 p.m. for dinner, 9 p.m. for party
- Why go: With a six course menu and live music, start the New Year off right—and in Revolution-era style
- Pricing: Dinner is $65, party is $85
Know of something else happening around town? Tell us in the comments.