The Annual Meeting of the Historical Society of Rockland County will be held Monday, April 7, 2014, at the Museum, 20 Zukor Road, New City, NY, at 7:00 pm.
The order of business will include reports of the committees. Rarely seen objects from the Society's collections will be on display as part of the LINCOLN and NEW YORK exhibition.
As a special feature of the evening, Spring Valley High School students will present "Rockland Civil War Veterans: Buried in Black and White." The presentation, developed for the HSRC's second annual High School Local History Conference held on March 11, was ranked among the top three at the conference by the students' peers.
All members of the public are invited to the Annual Meeting.
Election of Trustees & Officers
The Nominating Committee offers the names of the following Historical Society members:
Trustees Nominated for a Three-Year Term (2014-2017):
- Doug Carey, Spring Valley
- Barry Robins, New City
- Jeff Weinberger, New City
- Gordon Wren, Spring Valley
- Veronica DeMeo Boesch, Airmont
- Caroline Tapley, Piermont
Officers Nominated for a One-Year Term:
- President: Larry Singer, Thiells
- 1st Vice President: Dorice Madronero, Montebello
- 2nd Vice President: Veronica DeMeo Boesch, Airmont
- Treasurer: Donald R. Karlewicz, Chestnut Ridge
- Secretary: Caroline R. Tapley, Piermont
Term 2016: Joseph Natale, Haverstraw; Joni Anger, Pomona; Madeline Muller, West Nyack; Larry Kigler, New City.
Term 2015: Donald R. Karlewicz, Chestnut Ridge; Dorice Madronero, Montebello; Thomas J. O'Reilly, Pearl River; Hon. William E. Sherwood, Stony Point.