The Reuben Gittelman Hebrew Day School community mourns the loss of Bernice Varon, beloved mother of Bruce Varon.
Bruce and Linda Varon's two sons, Josh and Ben, are both RGHDS graduates. Bruce served as a board member at RGHDS for many years and has chaperoned the eighth grade trip to Israel for many years as well.
The funeral service will take place Tuesday, Feb. 21, at 11 a.m. at Hellman Memorial Chapels, 15 State St., Spring Valley, with burial to follow at Beth David Cemetery in Elmont, NY.
Shiva will be observed from Tuesday, Feb. 21, through Monday, Feb. 27, at Bruce and Linda's home, 6 Marion Court, New City, with shiva minyanim as follows:
- Tuesday, Feb. 21, mincha/maariv at 5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Feb. 22, shacharit at 7 a.m., mincha/maariv at 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 23, shacharit at 6:45 a.m., maariv at 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, Feb. 24, shacharit at 6:45 a.m.
- Sunday, Feb. 26, shacharit at 9 a.m., maariv at 7:30 p.m.
- Monday, Feb. 27, shacharit at 6:45 a.m.
Out of respect to Bruce's family, the minyans at the Varon home on Tuesday, Feb. 21 and Wednesday, Feb. 22 will be non-egalitarian and will be conducted by the family. Beginning on Thursday, Feb. 23, the minyans will be egalitarian.
May the legacy of Bernice Varon be a source of blessing and comfort to all those who knew and loved her.
Hamakom yenachem etchem betoch sha'ar aveilei Zion v'Yerushalayim.
May God comfort the mourners together with all the other mourners of Zion and Jerusalem.