.

Congers Kitchen Fire: Woman Suffers Burns

There was a leaking gas valve under the stovetops

 

Congers Fire Department responded to a house fire on Tuesday afternoon at 2:28 p.m. at 173 Old Haverstraw Road. 

"It was a leaking gas valve under the stovetops," said Clarkstown Fire Inspector Harold Straut, adding that the fire only spread to a small portion of the kitchen cabinets. 

Only the homeowner was inside at the time, said Congers FD. 

She sustained minor burns to the face due to the "gas flash" and although Congers-Valley Cottage Ambulance Corps was there, she didn't need to be transferred to a hospital and was treated on site.

Matt Foley October 23, 2012 at 09:06 PM
"Commissioner" Straut? What is Nanuet expanding into Congers?
Kim Tran October 23, 2012 at 10:51 PM
I updated the article. He's also the Clarkstown Fire Inspector, which is why he was at this fire

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »