Plan for road
closures today from the 101st Rockland County Fireman's Parade and New
City Fire Company #1’s 125th Anniversary.
The parade starts at Williams Street and Little Tor Road and will travel north to Collyer Avenue, up to Main Street, traveling along Main Street and up New Hempstead Road; ending behind the Rockland County Court House.
Clarkstown has posted LED signs around the community notifying drivers that local roads will be closed. The following roads will be closed between 2 p.m. and 5 p.m.
- Little Tor Road from Germonds Road to New Hempstead Road
- All of Collyer Avenue
- Main Street from Route 304 to New Hempstead Road
- New Hempstead Road from Main Street to Little Tor Road
- Leona Avenue and Millich Lane from Route 304 to Little Tor Road
- Congers Road from Route 304 to Main Street
There will be limited local traffic permitted in very few locations. Parking will be prohibited on some streets. Drivers should make alternate travel plans for this time frame. Do not park on private property in order to attend the parade. Property owners have the right to tow vehicles from their property if they are not there to patronize their businesses.