According to Ramapo Police, a 2001 Dodge Caravan heading toward Haverstraw on 202 crossed over the center line and into the oncoming lane. A 1999 Acura TL heading toward Suffern on 202 struck the Caravan on the passenger side. The crash caused several serious injuries.
A female passenger who had been riding in the third seat of the Dodge Caravan was pronounced dead at Good Samaritan hospital. The names of all three people in the Dodge Caravan who were injured are being withheld pending family notification.
The other injuries were as follows:
- Acura driver Luis Lopez-Martinez, 34 ,of Haverstraw was admitted to Nyack Hospital with internal injuries
- Acura front passenger Honiel Capellan, 35, of Haverstraw was admitted to Nyack Hospital with internal injuries.
- Acura rear passenger Oscar Capellan, 33, of Haverstraw was admitted to Nyack Hospital with internal injuries.
- Dodge driver, name withheld, was a male who was admitted to Good Samaritan Hospital with serious internal and external injuries
- Dodge middle row passenger, name withheld, was a female who was taken to Good Samaritan Hospital, then transported to Westchester Medical Center in critical condition