Ramapo Police released the names of the _five children injured when a van that jumped a curb and hit them in New Square Monday afternoon_.
The five girls were struck by the Ford Econoline driven by 42-year-old Rachid Elasri of Spring Valley. Ramapo Police responded at approximately 3:43 p.m. To read more about the actions of Paramedic Jacob Goldmunzer to care for the children at the site, click _here_.
According to Ramapo Police, the names of the victims and updates on their conditions are as follows:
- Yedis Rawicki, 9, of New Square suffered facial injuries and was treated at Nyack Hospital and released.
- Trany Surkis, 9, of New Square suffered a scalp laceration and was treated at Nyack Hospital.
- Brucha Holczer, 9, of New Square suffered a laceration to the head and a leg injury. She was treated at Westchester Medical Center.
- Cheitel Surkis, 9, of New Square suffered a head injury and was treated at Westchester Medical Center.
- Bracha Rawicki, 7, of New Squire (sister of Yedis Rawicki) suffered a broken femur and internal injuries and was treated at Westchester Medical Center.
In addition to Ramapo Police, the New Square Emergency Services Unit, Hotzolah Ambulance, Spring Hill Ambulance, Hillcrest Fire Department and Orange and Rockland Utilities assisted in response to the accident.
The investigation into the cause of the accident is still ongoing.