The Clarkstown Town Board will discuss a mix of issues relating to old and new structures in the town at tonight’s workshop meeting.
The Historical Review Board will give a presentation on its past work and proposed efforts to save the in West Nyack. There will be an update on the town’s and a proposed Neighborhood Shopping Zoning District.
The condition of Teaberry Port House owned by United Water has been discussed at several recent board meetings. In June, Clarkstown Town Historian Robert Knight told the board that the 1780 Dutch sandstone house on Strawtown Road has been vacant for 10 years. The board directed the Historical Review Board to prepare a comphrehensive report on the strucure.
In 2011, consultants hired by the town presented preliminary reports on the Route 9W and Route 303 and 304 corridors through Clarkstown. That information is being followed-up with additional studies and an analysis of Route 59 Eastbound.
The workshop will also include the monthly police department report. A special meeting will follow the 7:30 p.m. workshop with a board vote on authorizing Supervisor Alex Gromack to enter into an agreement with the Clarkstown Board of Education for the School Resource Officer Program for the 2012-2013 school year.
The board will accept the resignation of Detective Thomas P. Sheehy, who is retiring from the police department. It will vote on authorizing installation of “Stop” signs and “Stop” lines on Scher Drive at Amber Drive in New City and Amber Drive at Scher Drive, New City and “No Parking Anytime” signs at the dead end of Loran Court in Nanuet.