Rockland County Legislature committees will look into approving a series of purchases in excess of $100,000 for variou departments at Tuesday’s meetings.
The Planning & Public Works Committee, which meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday night, will look into approving purchases of excess of $100,000 for the highway department. The items on the first agenda are:
- microsurfacing and/or slurry seal for an estimated purchase of $700,000 from New York Bituminous Products, Inc.
- asphalt emulsions for an estimated purchase of $500,000 from New York Bituminous Products, Inc.
- joint and crack filler for an estimated purchase of $120,000 from New York Bituminous Products, Inc.
- road salt for an estimated purchase of $350,000 from Atlantic Salt, inc.
The second agenda item approving contracts in excess of $100,000 is for products to go to various departments. The items being purchased are:
- office supplies for an estimated purchase of $175,000 from Staples
- industrial and commercial supplies and equipment for an estimated purchase of $225,000 from W.W. Grainger
- unleaded fuel for an estimated purchase of $700,000 from Sprague Energy
- ultra low sulfer diesel fuel for an estimated purchase of $550,000 from Global Montello Group
The third agenda item relating to contracts is to approve purchases to not exceed $531,022.50 from Clean Waters, Inc. for polymer for centrifuges for the Rockland County Sewer District.
All three agenda items will then go to the Budget & Finance Committee for approval before going before the full legislature.
The Budget & Finance Committee, which meets Tuesday night at 7:15 p.m., is scheduled to vote on accepting grants for the Rockland County Health Department and Rockland County Fire and Emergency Services.
The committee’s agenda also has an item listed to appropriate $34,750 in funds from the Stop-DWI reserve account, none of which comes from the county, to contract with Lexington Center For Recovery, Inc. so the organization can hire an individual to provide case management, addiction counseling and drug testing services to Rockland DWI offenders.
The committee will look at three grants for the Department of Health totaling more than $586,000 and one grant for Rockland County Fire and Emergency Services totaling $6,250.
Another item in Budget & Finance also deals with approving the extension of a contract with Lexington Center For Recovery, located in Mt. Kisco, for a Methadone Treatment Services Management Contract for outpatients of the county department of mental health. The contract will be increased $302,936 to not exceed $908,809. Sufficient funding for the contract is in the 2013 budget for the Department of Mental Health.
Three committees will all hold discussions on various topics. Public & Planning works will discuss an operation review of county department functions for Public Transportation. Budget & Finance will hold two discussions: one on the management information systems mission and support in the Departments of Hospital, Mental Health and Health, and another on the voluntary separation incentive program.
The Government Operations Committee, which meets at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday will review operations of the Department of Law/Insurance.