The Pride in Clarkstown contest was created by the Town Board as an effort to improve the appearance of the business community. The award is judged by the Pride of Clarkstown Committee, a group of of civic and business members, who vote to recognize outstanding commercial properties.
There are eight categories of businesses that can be nominated:
- Food/Hospitality: Restaurants, catering, hotels
- Industrial: Manufacturing, construction
- Small Business: Mom and pop stores
- Community Projects: Civic groups, Rotary, Scouting, Chamber of Commerce
- Professional Office
- Service Business: Gas station, funeral home, auto shop, landscaper
- Shopping Center/Retail/Strip Malls
- Non-Profit Organizations
The Town Board and the committee hopes that by honoring the town's most visually appealing businesses, other business owners will be inspired to beautify their businesses as well.
The deadline to send in nomination forms is September 30, 2014. The awards will be presented in November. For a nomination form, click here. Prior award recipients are not eligible for nomination. Click here to see the list of past winners.