Rockland County executive candidates Republican Ed Day and Democrat
David Fried expect to participate in at least seven debates or candidates’
night programs starting next week. The candidates’ campaign managers are still
working out details of the face-to-face meetings.
Day’s campaign manager, his son Christopher, provided the following schedule with more details including formats expected to be released prior to the programs.
- On Thursday, Sept. 26, the Congers Civic Association is sponsoring a candidates’ night at the Congers Community Center on Gilchrest Road beginning at 7:30 p.m.
- On Friday, Sept. 27, Rockland Community College’s (RCC) senior citizens club is hosting a county executive candidate panel discussion in the afternoon. RCC is located at 145 College Road in Suffern.
- On Thursday, Oct. 3, the candidates will meet for a debate at Gracepoint Gospel Fellowship at 384 New Hempstead Road in New City. The tentative start time is 7 p.m.
- On Thursday, Oct. 10, the NAACP is sponsoring a candidates’ debate at 6:30 p.m. at the Louis Kurtz Civic Center at 9 North Main Street in Spring Valley.
- On Wednesday, Oct. 16, Leadership Rockland hosts a county executive candidates’ debate at Dominican College at 470 Western Highway in Orangeburg at 7 p.m.
- On Sunday, Oct. 27, the League of Women Voters will hold a candidates’ debate at JCC Rockland at 450 West Nyack Road in West Nyack beginning at 2 p.m.
- On Sunday, Nov. 3 the New City Jewish Center at 47 Old Schoolhouse Road in New City will host a debate as part of its Men’s Club Political Breakfast beginning at 9 a.m.
Two other debates, one to be televised, may be added in October. The General Election is just under seven weeks away on Tuesday, Nov. 5.