Here is an overview of what is open and what is closed in Rockland County from getting basic supplies to getting around. All schools in Rockland are closed through the rest of the week and a decision on re-opening will not be made until Sunday, Nov. 4. FEMA inspectors will assess the damage left behind by Hurricane Sandy during a tour on Thursday
Grocery stores are operational to some extent. Here is an idea of what to expect at some of the major ones in Rockland.
These are open: Stop and Shop in Nanuet, Shop Rite in Garnerville, Shop Rite in Tallman, and Costco in Nanuet. Shop Rite in Pearl River can handle cash sales only. No perishables are being sold at the Stop and Shop in Mt. Ivy and Target in Spring Valley.
Several gas stations in the county have diesel and gas:
- Stony Point Food Mart, South Liberty Drive, Stony Point
- Shell Station, Routes 45 & 202 intersection, Pomona/Mt. Ivy
- Hess Express, Route 9W, West Haverstraw
- Mobil Nanuet, Routes 59 & 304 intersection, Nanuet
- Getty Mart, Route 59, Monsey
These stations have gasoline only:
- Mobil, South Liberty Drive, Stony Point
- Sunoco, Willow Grove Road, Stony Point
- Four Corners Food & Gas/BP, West Railroad, Garnerville
- Sunoco, North Main Street, New City
- Gulfmart, South Little Tor Road, New City
- Mobil, West Ramapo Road, Haverstraw
- Gulf Express, Route 59, Nanuet,
- Coatti’s Service Station, South Middletown Road, Nanuet/Pearl River
- Gulf, North Airmont Road, Suffern
Limited bus service is running in the county. No fares are being charged on TOR and TZx today. TRIPS is running only for ADA and emergency service. Other TRIPS service is cancelled until further notice Riders on all routes should be prepared for delays.
TOR is running on a Saturday schedule for Route 59, 91, 92, 93, 94 and Loop 3. Route 97 is running on a weekday scheduled. TZx buses are following a Saturday schedule. For updates, check www.rocklandbus.com. For TOR and TZx information, call 845-3640-3333 and for TRIPS contact 845-364-8487.
Numerous state roads are closed due to obstructions caused by down trees and/or wires.
- Haverstraw Road/US Route 202 in Ramapo
- North Main Street/State Route 45 in Ramapo
- Ramapo Road/US Route 202, Haverstraw
- Sections of Route 303 in Clarkstown and Orangetown
- Portions of Route 306 in Ramapo
- Route 340 in Orangetown
- Route 9W in Orangetown
- South Route 9W in Clarkstown and Haverstraw
- Union Street/State Route 340 in Orangetown
Rockland and Bergen County, NJ pharmacies are open to assist customers.
- CVS Pharmacy, 5 Indian Rock Plaza, Suffern/Montebello, (845) 357-1500
- CVS Pharmacy, 12 West Ramapo Road (Route 202), Garnerville, (845) 429-4749
- CVS Pharmacy, 20 Kinderkamack Rd, Montvale, NJ, (201) 930-9010 *Open 24 hours
- CVS Pharmacy, Bi-State Plaza Shopping Center, 216 Old Tappan Rd, Old Tappan, NJ, (201) 722-0932
- CVS Pharmacy, 45 Franklin Turnpike, Mahwah, NJ, (201) 529-5930
- Stop & Shop, Pacesetter Plaza, 1581 Route 202, Pomona, Open 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. but closing at 5 p.m. today, (845) 354-9673
- TruCare Pharmacy, 358 Route 202, Pomona, Open until 9 p.m., (845) 364-5300 Maple Pharmacy, 108B Route 59, Monsey, (845) 371-6464
- Costco Pharmacy, 50 Overlook Blvd, Nanuet, Open until 7p.m., (845) 425-2088
Additionally, all Rockland County parks are closed until further notice.