For tonight’s meeting, the Clarkstown Town Board scheduled three public hearings. The first public hearing is a continuation on a proposal to amend local zoning to permit ; the second is to amend the Flood Damage Prevention Code and the third concerns amending sign regulations in the town code.
The hearing on modifying and updating the current sign code adds definitions and new terms. Among the new definitions are hanging, illegal, monument, monument-low profile, pole and projecting signs. New terms added include blade sign, freestanding sign and regional mall.
The board’s agenda includes votes on the following resolutions to:
- authorize a bid award for sewer rehabilitation, force mains and gravity sewers
- authorize the supervisor to execute an agreement with Rockland County for 2012 Community Development Funds
- authorize settlement of Tax Certiorari for Squadron VCD, LLC
- Refer proposed landscape guidelines to the Clarkstown Planning Board and Architecture and Landscape Commission.
Approve the personnel appointments of:
- Dennis Malone as of the Town Garage
- Richard Cummings as Coordinator of Dispatch Related Services in the Clarkstown Police Records Department.
- Raquel Guzman as Senior Purchasing Clerk Typist in the Town Purchasing
- Father William Cosgrove as Member of the Clarkstown Board of Ethics
Accept the following resignations:
- Sylvester Almiron, Jr. as member of the Parks Board & Recreation Commission
- Msgr. Edward J. Weber as member of the Clarkstown Board of Ethics
The board will vote on declaring the town as the Lead Agency for the State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA) for the construction of a on the closed West Nyack landfill. The board will consider authorizing the supervisor to retain H2M Group for preparation of a work plan and coordination between the town and contractors on the solar project.
In other resolutions involving the H2M Group, board members will also vote on approving an agreement for additional construction observation services for construction of the Congers-Valley Cottage Volunteer Ambulance Corps Building. and amending the agreement for engineering services for the site improvements/communication shelter at the Police Communication Tower Site on Mountainview Avenue in Nyack.
The board members, who also serve as the Board of Directors of the Clarkstown Middlewood Housing Development Fund Company, Inc., will also hold a special meeting on Middlewood.
The town board meeting begins at 8 p.m.