Clarkstown Supervisor, Town Board Members , Town Clerk and Town Judge will take the oath of office tonight at 8 p.m. The town attorney, comptroller, other officials and numerous commission members will be reappointed.
Clarkstown Police Chaplain David Lothrop will serve as master of ceremony for the reorganization. The program is scheduled to include the presentation and posting of colors by the Clarkstown Police Honor Guard and salute to the flag led by Rockland County’s “Veteran of the Year” William Mahan. Clarkstown High School Choir will perform the National Anthem and other songs.
Father Arthur Mastrolia of St. Paul’s Catholic Church will deliver an invocation and Rabbi Brian Beal of Temple Beth Torah will deliver a benediction/blessing.
Newly sworn in Rockland County Family Court Judge Sherri Eisenpress will administer the oath of office to Town Supervisor Alex Gromack and Rockland County Supreme Court Judge Victor Alfieri will swear in Councilwoman Shirley Lasker. Stony Point Justice Court Judge Frank Phillips will administer the oath to Councilman Frank Borelli and Clarkstown Justice Court Judge Rolf Thorsen will swear in Town Clerk Justin Sweet. Judge Alfieri will also swear in Howard Gerber as Clarkstown Town Justice.
Supervisor Gromack will present the annual state of the town address noting the highlights of 2011 and goals for 2012. The town board will convene to reappoint:
- Amy Mele as Town Attorney
- Ed Duer as Comptroller.
- Mary Maloney as Deputy Comptroller
- Justin Sweet as Registrar of Vital Statistics and Marriage Officer
- George J. Presotto as member of the Alarm Users Review Board
- Edward J. Lettre as chairman and Cora Bodkin as vice-chairman of the Architecture & Landscape Commission
- Louis Alpert, Charles H. Butler, Joel Epstein and James R. Freeman, Jr. as members of the Civilian Complaint Review Board
- Augustine Paul as member of the Historical Review Board
- Shirley J. Thormann as chairman and Peter Streitman as member of the Planning Board
- George Nugent as chairman and Keith I. Braunfotel as member of the Sanitation Commission
- Gaetano U. Massa as chairman and Edward J. Guardaro, Jr. as vice-chairman of the Zoning Board of Appeals
- Daniel Moscato and Voncile Oliver as members of the Clarkstown Citizens Advisory Board.
The board will appoint:
- John E. Perrotta and Christopher S. Martone as members of the Alarm Users Review Board
- Mara S. Blumenthal as member of the Planning Board
- Matthew T. Katchmar as member of the Clarkstown Citizens Advisory Board
The reorganization will be held in the auditorium of Town Hall.