Monday is Presidents Day, meaning a lot around the county will be closed.
Since it’s a federal holiday, most government offices will be closed, as well as many schools. Some schools, however, will be open to makeup for closings during Superstorm Sandy.
- Clarkstown Town Hall is closed on Monday
- Orangetown Town Hall is closed on Monday
- Rockland County government offices are closed on Monday.
- Clarkstown Central School District schools will be closed Monday through Friday
- Nanuet Union Free School District schools will be open for the entire week
- Pearl River School District schools will be open for the entire week
- Nyack School District schools will be closed Monday through Wednesday
- The New City Library will be closed on Monday
- The Nanuet Library will be closed Monday
- The Pearl River Library will be closed Monday
- The Nyack Library will be closed Monday
- Transport of Rockland (TOR) buses will operate Saturday service. TOR No. 95 and No. 97 will not operate. TOR Loop No. 1 and Loop No. 2 buses will operate normal weekday service
- TAPPAN ZEExpress buses will operate Saturday service
- TRIPS paratransit buses will operate A.D.A. service only
- Clarkstown Mini Trans bus service will operate normal weekday service
- Spring Valley Jitney buses will not operate
- Coach USA Rockland Coaches (Red & Tan Lines) local bus routes No. 9, 9W, 11-A, 11-C and 20 will operate Saturday schedules. Commuter express routes will not operate. Call (201) 263-1254 or go to www.redandtanlines.com
- Coach USA’s Shortline bus service will operate modified Holiday service
- COACH USA Express (Exit 14) bus service will not operate. Call (800) 631-8405 or go to www.shortlinebus.com
- Monsey Trails will operate Special Holiday service. Call (800) 510-5100 or go to www.monseybus.com
- The Haverstraw-Ossining Ferry will not operate
- Metro-North trains will operate Saturday service. Call 511 or go to www.mta.info for schedules
- NJ Transit’s Pascack Valley Line and Main/Bergen Line trains will operate weekend service. Call (973) 275-5555 or go to www.njtransit.com for schedules
For any transit inquiries, go to www.rocklandbus.com or call the Rockland Transit Information Center at (845) 364-3333, Monday through Friday, 9 am to 5 pm.
Clarkstown Parks & Recreation Mid-Winter Recess Camp
From 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Tuesday through Friday, Clarkstown Parks & Recreation is offering a program for kids in kindergarten to sixth grade who are residents of Clarkstown. The program offers arts and crafts, sports, gym games, quiet games and in house movies, as well as one trip each day. The program costs $185 per child or $55 per child for one day.
On Tuesday, the camp will go to New City Bowl, on Wednesday they will go to Sportime USA in Elmsford. On Thursday they will go to the Castle Fun Center in Chester and on Friday they will go to the movies at the Palisades Center.
Parents are asked to pack a lunch and snack for campers, as well as not allow them to bring handheld electronics, such as iPods. Campers should also bring hats and gloves because, weather permitting, they will be allowed to play outside.
For further information please call 639-6200.