Find out what’s happening this week in New City and Nanuet.
Let us make it super easy for you to get all the information you need in one place—so you can be an informed citizen to make the best decisions for your family, the community and the future.
Don't forget to sign up for our New City newsletter or Nanuet newsletter. And if you have something planned you want your neighbors to know about, post it in the New City events calendar and the Nanuet events calendar. Arm yourself with knowledge!
1. Clarkstown school district residents vote on the $6.5 million proposal to repair Congers Elementary School on Tuesday. Polls are open 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. You are eligible to vote if you are: 18 years of age or older, a United States citizen, a resident of the Clarkstown school district for 30 days or more, and registered through the school district or Rockland County Board of Elections.
2. The Clarkstown Town Council meets at 8 p.m. in the auditorium. The agenda includes: the New City Fire District, flood damage prevention and community development block grant funds.
3. The Clarkstown Planning Board meets at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday. It's the first meeting since the Jan. 29 meeting was cancelled.
4. Parents and educators can discuss the implementation of the Common Core learning standards at 7 p.m. Thursday at Rockland Community College.
5. NCFD is looking for committed people to join their ranks and proudly serve in the Volunteer Fire Service. Applicants must be a resident of the New City Fire District for one year, or a property owner and resident for three months preceding the date of application and be at least age 18.